It’s the last week in July (wait, what?) and it’s been a great summer so far. Even though the first day of school is now in view on our family calendar, I still want to make the most of our lazy summer schedule. I know there are some families who continue sports and activities all through the summer (we did last year), but this year has been a wonderful respite from the chaos. Watching my children enjoy the warm evenings with stick ball, riding bikes and chasing bugs/snakes in the creek is priceless.
Healthy eating is always the intention, but we are a normal family none the less and have really enjoyed finding new pizza places (Pantaleone’s) and visiting great Mexican favorites. This week we are on track for great meals at home!
- Monday – Jerk Chicken and Pineapple over black beans & rice with roasted asparagus – Real Simple Magazine
- Tuesday – Mini Meatball Sandwiches with steamed artichokes – The Pioneer Woman
- Wednesday – Leftovers
- Thursday – Asian Slaw with Ground Turkey – Body for Life
- Friday – Puerto Rican Rice & Beans with homemade Caesar salad
- Saturday – Turkey tacos with black bean & corn salsa
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
**If this is your first time viewing a weekly meal plan from me, then let me bring you up to speed. One of the best ways to loose weight or maintain a healthy eating schedule is to plan ahead. Each week, when I put together my own meal plan for my family (husband and 3 kids) I do my very best to post it for others to follow or share. Oh yeah, if you wonder why I never post any Sunday meals, it is because we follow the old Body for Life concept of eating clean for 6 days and then having a free day